If you want to make a difference in the lives of NWT families through affordable housing by providing a hand up, this could be the job for you!
- Construction Coordinator
The position is part-time (25 hours weekly), and hours may fluctuate throughout the year depending on build requirements. Previous experience in the construction industry is essential.
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 annually
The general overall duties and responsibilities of the Project Assistant/Construction Coordinator are to assist the Build Chair in all aspects of the Habitat for Humanity NWT builds. The summary of these duties are as follows:
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferred educational requirements include: A Technical School graduate in a Construction related discipline or a trades person or project coordinator with multiple years of experience in construction related activity.
- The ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- The ability to assist in planning and developing builds and the monitoring of project schedules.
- Complete detailed task and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationship with the build partners.
- Experience fostering on-going professional relationships.
- Adhere to Habitat for Humanity’s Policy and Procedures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to efficiently assist and administer multiple tasks.
- Experience in the NWT construction industry an asset.
- Obtaining build permits and ensuring permitting requirements are met and that houses are built to code and pass inspection
- Solicits and reviews bids for subcontractors as needed and appropriate
- Solicits and documents in-kind donations of materials and labour as required
- Schedules and monitors subcontractor and inspector activities to ensure timely and accurate project completion.
- Planning and scheduling of construction schedules
- Ensures contractors and visitors to build site follow safety protocols
- Project Buyout
- Site visits
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Cost Control
- Other duties related to site selection, lot preparation, obtaining materials and construction as outlined by the Build Chair
Send cover letter and resume to our Executive Director. (email@example.com)